Thursday, January 19, 2012
Easy OREO Truffles
These are super easy and amazingly delicious treats, they are rich and sweet though, so don't plan on eating a lot of them.
What You Need:
1 Pack of Oreos (16 ounces)
1 8oz. box of cream cheese
1 (maybe 1 and a half) bags of white chocolate chips
1. Put Oreos in a Ziploc bag and crush to very small pieces (as small and you can get them) with a rolling pin.
2. Put crushed Oreo's and cream cheese in a bowl and combine (you might have to use your hands). Save some of the crumbs in a small bowl to use later.
3. After mixing the Oreo's and cream cheese roll them into small 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet with tinfoil over it.
4. Then melt the chocolate chips. There are a couple ways to do this: either just put them in a saucepan and melt them, use a double boiler if you have one, or create your own double boiler by putting a metal bowl over a boiling pot of water. Using a double boiler or your own homemade invention will make it easier for you to melt the chocolate without burning it.
5. Then you are going to dip the Oreo balls in the chocolate, this is best done using forks, just place each ball in the chocolate one by one and roll them around until coated, then place it back on the cookie sheet. This must be done quickly so the chocolate doesn't harden before you are done.
6. Then before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle the extra cookie crumbs on top of the drying chocolate, kind of like a decoration.
7. Then put the cookie sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate has fully hardened, then the truffles are ready to eat!
These are really good with milk, and are very fun to share with others ;).